Sunday, January 09, 2005

    THE Addiction

    I told my dog I would take a day off from posting a blog, and then a friend of mine sends me an email with the URL for his new blog. He tried to start one (on my suggestion) but was a bit taken back on the startup. He's a smart guy and we don't always see eye-2-eye on everything, but he's worth looking at. On the surface he might appear to be just another right-wing fanatic but it won't take long before you see he's very analytical, delving into tiny corners most of us don't venture into. I can't reveal the graduate studies he's involved with or I might get killed. Check him out!

    For many of us this is an addiction. In part because we want to be noticed. We have something to say and a blog satisfies that need. Some want to stay anonymous - we're shy? Some blogs I've encountered are so extreme they must come from someone that desires to upset and provoke anger and unrest. Most are very entertaining and informative. I spend way too much time reading blogs. How about you? Are you an addicted blogger and/or reader? Are you willing to admit you're an addict? Will there someday be "BA" - Bloggers Anonymous?

    Credits: Painting by Robin Stoub (click on the image).

    5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm a seriously addicted blogger AND blog reader, who is, obviously, willing to admit it. I am eagerly awaiting a 12-step program so that I can get some sort of a life back.

    http://vandora.blogs.com/

    Candace said...

    help me.

    Pigs said...

    I need to join. Count me in!

    Anonymous said...

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for daring to be up that topic! I hear that is the first step....
    Oh, that painting depicts me--but I have to have crochet hooks in one hand and yarn in the other. ha. My name is GinaRenay and I am Crochet-aholic and in today's posting, I admitted I am a blogaholic. (To get rid of the "monkey" off my back, I have to crochet him a sweater.) At first it was very hard to admit but my Sponsor said it is good therapy to blog-ument about it. So, I have started on my journalling thru recovery. As long as I know I am NOT alone, day by day I can survive.
    http://gina_renay.blogs.com/off_the_hook_awesome_croc/
    http://gina_renay.blogs.com/crochet_addict
    Hi Maggie, it's good to meet ya!

    John Q. Public esq. said...

    yes and I own it...

    hello, my name is....