Thursday, January 26, 2006

    And The Winner Is

    Wish I had a Godiva coupon for everyone, but I only had one. The winner was Bob (last name withheld, and no URL given. His input was terse and direct:
    Should the death penalty be outlawed?:

    NO! Hell no! We should invent the electric bleacher!
    Wow - I never thought of that - electric bleachers. I love that idea, and it would be best if it were performed in public. Part of making the death penalty a deterrent should be the public (and future offenders) witnessing the execution - like in the Wild West days. The west was won only because there were public hangings. Ah, the good 'ole days! Your Godiva certif. should be in your mailbox by now.

    Second was from SimonCat:
    1. No. There are creatures amongst us that need to be eliminated, if for no other reason than ensuring that they will not repeat their crimes, and to bring a sense of closure to their victims' families.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add in child molesters into the group that merit the death penalty - as most of my readers already know.

    No comments: