Thursday, November 18, 2004

    Tally Ho!

    When I was a stupid young kid I use to go out to the deserts of S. California and shoot pretty much anything - moving or not. I remember the very last time I shot a living entity - a jack rabbit. It actually laid squirming and crying loudly. It changed that part of my life forever. Now I advocate against hunting. There is no sport in bringing suffering to helpless animals - none at all. In the state of Oregon the pro-hunters say that it (hunting) represents a significant part of the states economy. I say that tourists will come to Oregon in larger numbers to experience the land and the wildlife - more than the lesser number that come it kill the wildlife.

    This leads into my congratulations to the House of Commons in London England for again voting to outlaw fox hunting with dogs. In the article link below you will read that hunters plan not to cooperate with the ban and "true civil disobedience is now on the horizon". Hunters are so determined to cause the suffering of innocent animals for the "sport" of it. I don't intend to sound cruel, but when I hear that a hunter was inadvertently shot and is dead or in pain at some hospital - well, let's just say I'm glad they sometimes get a taste of what they give to the animal world.

    CNN Foxhunt Story

    1 comment:

    kara said...

    Bravo to the Brits! Hunting for sport should be against the law.