Friday, November 25, 2005

    Sunrise Shopp'n


    I had heard that Target would give you a wakeup call so you could get to their early morning sale on this Black Friday - starting at 6:00 a.m. There was even some store that was going to open at 5:00 a.m., but don't remember the name.

    To me time is money and the thought of standing in some line with a crowd of fanatic shoppers is not my idea of efficient time management. If you are one that partakes in this ritual I'm not bashing you - it's just not for me. When I'm visiting the east coast I'll get up and enjoy the sunrise on the Atlantic ocean with an Americano in my hand but that's about the limit of voluntary early morning rises.

    I saw on the news pictures of some people that even got into fights - totally amazing to me. I really do hope people will buy lots more than they can afford - charge them credit cards to the max! I have at least one mutual fund that depends on consumer debt and it always seems to do well. Me? I haven't carried a balance on a credit card in years and I plan to keep it that way. I put most of my charges on my green AmEx card (like why pay extra for a color one?).

    Hope all my American readers had a nice Thanksgiving - we did, real fire in the fireplace, champagne, lit candles, yams, etc. and a nice Tofurky - yumm. We also spend some time reflecting all the many aspects of our lives to be thankful for. That you can do even if you are not in America - be thankful (unless you life in Germany or France perhaps).

    Cheers!

    No comments: